VIDEO: WORKING GIRLS
• Girls get the money, but what are their dreams and aspirations? What
do they want to do with the money?
• What are their rules and practices in the brothel?
o Clients pay up front for different, established sex acts
o Males are offered drinks
• Language used when talking among themselves or with clients?
o Girls make fun of clients or discuss them when they’re not there
o Courteous and affectionate to clients’ faces
o There are different personalities among the women and they treat each
o April was robbed and her self-made jewelry was stolen and she’s salty
about being back at work
• How does woman in charge make business go smoothly? What is she
like? Mrs. Brown? Mrs. Jones?
o The girls talk about the woman in charge with some resentment, like a
typical boss and employee relationship
o I think her name is Lucy
o Yea, it’s Lucy
o She and the working women don’t connect, her life is too privileged
compared to theirs
o None of the working women like her
o She talks too much, fake personality, too peppy yet bitchy
o Fights with Dawn for not having any class
o Quite inconsiderate and demanding
o Hasn’t been a sex worker and doesn’t understand the life
• What are the Johns like? How do they behave? Do you