WGS 2240 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Underweight, Safe Sex, Health Belief Model

82 views4 pages

Document Summary

Objectives: differentiate health promotion & disease prevention b, distinguish the levels of disease prevention, discuss models of health. What is health: a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, not merely the absence of disease or infirmity , availability or lack of those things we need to be health b. i. Nutritious food: **demands placed on individual and how they affect daily living. V: decreased state of health, decline in health function, acute vs. chronic. Risk factors to developing illness: genetic and physiological effects, age, environment, lifestyle, underweight, unsafe sex practice, unsafe water, sanitation, hygiene. Indoor smoke from solid fuels eliminating or just reduction the causes of death. What is wellness: knowing how to take care of your health state. What is health promotion: can be population based or individual based, what"s the difference between this and disease prevention? b. i. Disease prevention is more specific, certain lifestyle choices for a specific symptom b. i. 1.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers