WGS 2240 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Vaccination Schedule, Fokker E.Ii, Stellar Population

13 views1 pages

Document Summary

Perceived barriers to hpv vaccination by american indian youth and caregivers: native americans have higher than normal health disparities in almost every area, one of those being cancer a. i. Why are the young men having higher than average rates of cancer: methodology = cbpr approach b. i. Caregivers of youth: helicopter research c. i. researchers swooped into the tribes, took the data, and then left w/o telling the tribe members what they were doing. Her research: 42% had gotten hpv vaccination, caregivers were 95% native american, used health wheel to explain the need for protection from illness to the native. Major themes for youth and caregivers: lack of information: hpv and sexuality, life happens: sexuality in the 21st century b. i. Communication about sex: decision to vaccinate: influential sources e. If no personal story, hpv is less significant e. iii. e. iv. Parents think they are too young for vaccine/sex. Problems: kids were under the impression that oral sex would not transfer disease a. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers