WGS 2240 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Group Psychotherapy, Eating Disorder, Peer Pressure

17 views1 pages

Document Summary

Definitions: peer influence = social pressure by member"s of one"s peer group to take a certain action, adopt certain values, or otherwise confirm a. i. Social media: huge impact on how women and men view themselves and view their bodies. Eating disorders: anorexia nervosa extremely and dramatically afraid of gaining weight a. i. Less than 80% of expected body weight a. ii. Social factors, family factors, genetic factors, etc. a. iv. 2 types: restricting type and the bing-eating/purging type: bulimia nervosa cycle of binging and purging b. i. Individuals can be thin, overweight, normal you never know: purging disorder, bing eating disorder = rapid uncontrolled eating so much food that it might lead to physical discomfort, even when not particularly hungry d. i. Binges may be followed by feelings of guilt, disgust, and self-loathing: night eating syndrome, unspecified eating disorder f. i. Those disorders that don"t quite fit the criteria for the other categories f. ii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers