Economics
Course
ECON 203
Professor
Richard Coe
Semester
Summer

Description
Econ Class Notes 8/28 - Scarcity - limited resources, unlimited wants. Everyone would like to allocate resources the way they see fit. If I were in charge, I’d have a bigger office, office help, reception for my students, etc... - Limited resources, I mean productive resources- things used to make stuff. Only so much stuff to go around. With these limitations, each person would prefer that these resources be allocated in a way that makes him/her best off. your preferences come in conflict with mine, and the person next door. - scarce goods - If good Z is a scarce good for you, you are willing to give up something else of value in exchange for more of good X (need not be money). Do you want more than is freely available? If so, then that good is scarce for you. Although trash and pollution aren’t scarce; they aren’t goods in a productive sense. Economists call these “bads”, and talk of pollution reduction and trash removal as “goods”. These are considered scarce. -
More Less

Related notes for ECON 203

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit