10-23-13--Daughters of the Dust

1 Page

Department
Photography and Film
Course Code
PHTO 233
Professor
marybethreed

This preview shows half of the first page. Sign up to view the full page of the document.
Description
Topics also doable for the long paper: Psychoanalytic theory for hitchhock, genres- musicals, western. DUE WEDNESDAY NOV 6 10/23/13 Daughters of the dust  Begins with jungle like, intense music  There is tension on the boat in the beginning scene  Painted black hands? Does that represent something? What is the purpose?  Love note she receives is from someone from another tribe, I think? And she wants to be with him but she cant, fr some reason  Little girl was trying to tell her something but she didn’t turn around.  Their tree sculpture thing was destroyed by someone.  Granddaughter is not welcomed back. Was she the one who received the letter and then left the tribe?  The family is moving to another area, they are deciding if nana should stay or come  There is a girl who only some can see. The photographer sees her when he looks through his camera. But no one else does. I think she is the narrator In our class discussion we talked about how the actors had to learn this language for the film. While them speaking English makes the film less realistic, it is still very difficult to comprehend everything they say. The director intended it to be this way so that we as viewers could be engaged in the culture and environment
More Less
Unlock Document

Only half of the first page are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit