PSYC 407 Lecture Notes - Lecture 16: Eternal Sin, Auditory Hallucination, Thought Insertion

56 views8 pages
30 Nov 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Nature of schizophrenia and psychosis: an overview. All involve nearly every aspect of daily functioning. Medications and psychosocial treatments have made impact on improved functioning. Two or more of the following, each present for a significant time during a one-month period: Love level of functioning in work, self-care, interpersonal relationships. Continuous signs of the disturbance for at least 6 months. Schizophrenia is a disorder with a number of symptoms not shared by all, but researchers have identified clusters of symptoms. Now we see delusions related to culture. misrepresentation of reality. A belief that would be seen by most members of society as a. It is a disorder of thought content. Dsm definition: a delusion is a belief not amenable to change in. Guilt: i have committed an unpardonable sin. Ill health: i have a terrible disease. Passivity: i am controlled by radio waves. Persecution: they are intent on hurting me (most common). Poverty: i am facing destitution (contrary to evidence).

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers