GEV 1051 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Quality Management, Biopower, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

43 views5 pages

Document Summary

Video: breakthrough in nrg storage with energy nest (corporation video) Integration of renewable (into existing pools of nrg: edu(cid:272)e losses of n g (cid:894)ho(cid:449) to (cid:373)i(cid:374)i(cid:373)ize heat i(cid:374) the s(cid:455)ste(cid:373)s (cid:396)edu(cid:272)e the (cid:374)u(cid:373)(cid:271)e(cid:396) of steps = i(cid:373)p(cid:396)o(cid:448)e effi(cid:272)ie(cid:374)(cid:272)(cid:455), (cid:396)edu(cid:272)e heat loss) Key concepts: nrg efficiency v. energy conservation, electricity generation, nrg storage, nrg use (global and usa, energy grid, energy policies. Leed building certification (leadership energy and environmental design) Sustainable sites: not on the coast, eroding river: pick the place with the least negative impact. Water efficiency: can include faucets, low flow toilets. Nrg and atmosphere: how is nrg generated for the building. Not just recycling: what makes the building: materials. Transportation: if located near a public transportation site, points (train station) if you provide the ability for people to bike to work, trails, showers when they get to work. Within each category long checklist, accumulate points to be certified.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers