HORT 2134 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Urban Forestry, Urban Forest, National Register Of Big Trees

27 views2 pages

Document Summary

Urban forestry- all of these trees, whether street trees, forest fragments, or riparian buffers (cid:373)ake up the (cid:862)urba(cid:374) forest. (cid:863) i. Urban foresters- professionals trained in the management of trees and urban ecosystems, as well as related areas of urban planning and policy. Online lecture video a) i. e. heritage and champion tree programs a. b. c. Urban forest- all woody vegetation in and around human settlements. Urban forestry- forestry principles and practices applied to areas of high human occupancy or use where trees and forests have a wide range of uses and values. Professionals in urban forestry: i. ii. iii. iv. Tree in national forest vs. tree by capitol. Proximity to buildings/pavements means more opportunity to mitigate heating/cooling costs, runoff, etc. Larger, older trees can make up the vast majority of the ecosystem services in a city. The longer a tree lives, the more opportunities it has to conflict with people, buildings, infrastructure.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers