PSYC 2084 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Motivation, Implicit Attitude, Test Anxiety

17 views3 pages
16 Mar 2019
Department
Course

Document Summary

Self-concept: idea of the self constructed from beliefs one holds about oneself and responses from others: begins to develop around 2 years old - start off basic and becomes more complex. "i have red hair" -----------> "i am a daughter" -----------> "i"m responsible: more mailable when we"re younger, 6 components (bruce bracken camp) Family - how well one functions with the family unit: 3 components (carl rogers camp) Self-image: how do you see yourself (not reality, but how you see yourself: ex. Clumsy person might think of themselves as annoying, but other people think its charming. Self-esteem: how much you value yourself: how we compare ourselves to others and how they respond to us in daily life. Ideal self - ideal self (what do you want to be like?) Independent self views: way of defining self in terms of one"s own thoughts, feelings, and actions. "i am hardworking, extroverted, kind" focusing on attributes rather than relationships.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers