SOC 1004 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Peer Pressure, Mechanical And Organic Solidarity

38 views4 pages
20 Feb 2018
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Natural forces: bodily forces death, health, environmental forces weather. Group activities: sports, teams, peer pressure. Susan smith case of 1994 john long lake. Diverse ways to frame what to do. What causes such violent acts: brief intermittent depressive disorder natural forces. I was a good mother and i loved my boys Through the sociological frame, we see social structure social structure = contemporaneous group acts that lead groups to do what members otherwise would not employment and policing vs. victims, tools, and support. Frames of blame focus on social structure and institutions that get you to not think sociologically. Disciplined explanation of group exclusive, empirical focus on group activities as causes is our discipline. Disciplined empirical collect data systematic and explicit rule bound, how do we analyze data to come to conclusions replicated other people can replicated it to disprove it. Outcomes of little groups leads to more strength but there is also a possibility for conflict.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers