STAT 2004 Lecture Notes - Lecture 21: Type I And Type Ii Errors, Ap Statistics, Null Hypothesis

31 views2 pages
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

The threshold p-value that determines when the samples becomes significant enough to reject h0, the null hypothesis: as alpha levels increase: Less unusual: as alpha levels decrease: More unusual: if the p-value < (cid:2009), then, if the p-value > (cid:2009), then: Reject h0: if the confidence interval does not include h0: Reject h0: if the confidence interval includes h0: Fail to reject h0: describe a one proportion z-interval: I am __ % confident that between __ % and __ % of all (subjects) __: describe a type i error: Reject the null hypothesis when it is actually true: describe a type ii error: If type i is worse, the alpha level will be lower. Beta level: what is power, as alpha-levels increase: The tests ability to detect a that ___ is effective (ha). false h0 hypothesis. Lower the standard deviation by increasing the sample size. P(type ii error) is the compliment of the normalcdf(test-statistic).

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers