CSC 4110 Lecture Notes - Lecture 24: Build Automation, Gradle, Continuous Integration

23 views5 pages

Document Summary

In the context of software development, build refers to the process that converts files and other assets under the developers" responsibility into a software product in its final or consumable form. The build may include: compiling source files packaging compiled files into compressed formats (such as jar, zip) producing installers creating or updating of database schema or data. Build automation is a prerequisite to effective use of continuous integration. Each integration is verified by an automated build (including test) to detect integration errors as quickly as possible. Your changes to bar are incompatible with mine. Everybody knows double checked locking is a bad idea! . Why can"t i just include foo and not require all of the other 13 libs? . What do you mean the tests are failing? . I need a new build to test with . The [boss|customer|patron] is coming, we need to demo progress asap : benefits of ci, better quality, build better quality software.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers