L33 Psych 315 Lecture Notes - Lecture 15: Relationship Counseling, Information Processing, Elaboration Likelihood Model

25 views4 pages
3 Nov 2017
School
Department
Professor

Document Summary

Explicit attitudes: attitudes that we consciously endorse and can easily report. Implicit attitudes: attitudes that are involuntary, less controllable, at times unconscious. Attitude accessibility: speed with which one can access the association between an object and a person"s evaluation of that object. I really love coffee, so every time i walk past a starbuck"s, i quickly think about how much i love it. Somebody asks if i like coffee and i can very quickly say that i do. Measured by the speed with which people can report how they feel about an issue or object. Have greater attitude-behavior consistency -- can be used to predict behavior. Attitude strength: how strong the association is between an object and a person"s evaluation of that object. Predicting spontaneous behavior: only when attitudes are highly accessible. Predicting deliberate behavior: theory of planned behavior (highly accessible attitudes cannot easily predict deliberate, planned behaviors)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers