SOCW 206 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Sex Assignment, Pansexuality, Biphobia

38 views3 pages

Document Summary

Sensual (i. e. hugging in a supporting way) pertains to touch. Aesthetic (i. e. appreciating the beauty without sexual or romantic desire) Sexual and/or romantic orientation: the emotional, affectional and/or sexual attraction towards someone of another sex/gender, same-sex/gender or any sex/gender. Orientation is influenced by a variety of factors, including genetics, hormones and social factors such as values and beliefs. Sexual identity: evolves through a developmental process that varies depending on the individual. Our sexual behavior and how we define ourselves can be chosen, in other words it isn"t always something we are born with. Hetero-normativity: the assumption that a heterosexual identity and culture (i. e. women & men) is the only normal sexual orientation, identity and culture of how to properly" engage in intimate human relationships. Lgbq people expected to abide by these rules. Forrest gump // frank ocean about a man professing his love for another man. I kissed a girl // katy perry .

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers