Egyptology
Course
EGYP 110
Professor
hamada
Semester
Fall

Description
Hereditary prince, count, wearer of the royal seal, chief treasurer, herald [of his Lord, ....], Ahmose, called PenNekhbet, triumphant; he says: I followed King Nebpehtire, triumphant. I captured for him in Zahi a living prisoner and a hand. ............ Ahmose, called PenNekhbet; he says: By the sovereign, who lives forever! I was not separated from the king upon the battlefield, from (the time of) King Nebpehtire, triumphant, to King Okhepernere, triumphant; I was in favor of the kings presence, until King Menkheperre, living forever. King Zeserkere, triumphant, gave to me, of gold: two bracelets, two necklaces, an armlet, a dagger, a headdress, a fan, and a mekhtebet. King Okheperkere, triumphant, gave to me of gold: two bracelets, four necklaces, one armlet, six flies, three lions, two golden axes. King Okhepernere, triumphant, gave to me of gold: three bracelets, six necklaces, three armlets, a mekhtebet, a silver axe. He says: I followed the kings of Upper and Lower Egypt, the gods; I was with their majesties when they went to the South and North country, in every place where they went; [from] King Nebpehtire, triumphant, King Zeserkere, [triumphant], King Okheperkere, triumphant, King Okhepernere, triumphant, until this Good God, King Menkheperre who is given life forever. I attained a good old age, having had a life of royal favor, having had honor under their majesties and the love of me having been in court. I followed King Zeserkere, triumphant; I captured for him in Kush a living prisoner. Again I served King Zeserkere, triumphant; I captured for him on the north of Imukehek, three hands. I followed the King Okheperkere, triumphant; I captured for him in Kush, two living prisoners, beside three living prisoners, whom I brought off in Kush, without counting them. Again I served for King Okheperkere, triumphant; I captured for him in the country of Naharin, 21 hands, one horse, and one chariot. I followed King Okhepernere, triumphant; there were brought off for me in Shasu very many living prisoners; I did not count them. The divine consort, the Great Kings Wife, Makere, triumphant, repeated honors to me. I reared her eldest daughter, the Royal Daughter, Nefrure, triumphant, while she was a child upon the breast ......... Sources: James Henry Breasted Ancient Records of Egypt Part Two, 20ff; 41f, 84f; 124; 344
More Less

Related notes for EGYP 110

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit