About this Exam Prep
- Learn all the concepts you need to solve any exam question
- Gain a clear understanding of all difficult topics and excel in the course
- Know the common questions that will most likely be covered in your upcoming exam
1. Mathematics of finance: compound interest, present and future value, effective rate, equations of value (Sections 5.1 and 5.2).
2. Continuously compounding interest, effective rate, annuities, amortization (Sections 5.3 − 5.4). We omit the financial notation a n¬r.
3. Limits and continuity: limits at a point, infinite limits/limits at infinity, continuity (Sections 10.1 − 10.3). Omit Section 10.4.
4. Differentiation: the derivative and tangent line concepts, differentiation rules, interpretation of the derivative in economics/business, the marginal concept (Sections 11.1 − 11.5). Omit technical proofs for derivative rules. Derivatives of logarithm and exponential functions (Sections 12.1, 12.2) Omit the technical proof.
5. Differentiation: elasticity of demand, implicit differentiation, logarithmic differentiation, Newton’s method, higher derivatives (Sections 12.3 − 12.7). Omit the technical proof.
6. Applications of derivatives and curve sketching: monotonicity, extrema, extrema on a closed interval, applications in economics, concavity, derivative tests, asymptotes, curve sketching (Sections 13.1−13.5). Omit oblique asymptotes."
Learn all the concepts you need to solve any exam question, Gain a clear understanding of all difficult topics and excel in the course, Know the common questions that will most likely be covered in your upcoming exam