- All Subjects
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management
Homework Help for Biology
Biology examins all the life around us, from the human body, down to the smallest microbes. Building on top of the other sciences, biologists study the physical structures, chemical processes, and the evolution mechanisms of the earth as we know it
- Academic integrity
SCENARIO: During medical examinations of the poor, a nurse observes that several of the patients smoked and had high blood pressure. The nurse reviewed the related literature and found that smoking and high blood pressure shared a positive relationship. The nurse believed that poverty may have an additive influence to smoking relationship with high blood pressure. The nurse decided to conduct an investigation into this relationship. The nurse collected data on over 100 patients. The data collected were blood pressure (high or low), smoking (currently smoking, not currently smoking but smoked in the last year, never smoked), and poverty. Poverty was measured as a self report by the patient. The nurse used a partial bivariate correlation to analyze the data. The nurse found that while controlling poverty, that smoking still had a positive relationship with high blood pressure.
- What kind of study is this according to the methodology used? Justify your choice. (10 points)
- Write a research hypothesis/hypotheses or question(s) for this study and identify the independent and dependent variables in the study. (10 points)
- Critique the internal and external validity of the study as it is designed. (20 points)
- Critique the data analysis used in the study. (20 points)
- If you were going to conduct this study, how would you redesign to enhance its validity and at the same time make it reasonable to conduct? In your redesign be sure to address the appropriateness of using self-report poverty and the statistical procedure(s) that you would use to analyze data. (40 points)
A 67 year old woman is referred for treatment of hyperlipidemia. Her cholesterol and triglycerides are high, despite treatment with lipid-lowering medication. She is noted to have hair loss (wearing a wig) and hoarse to her voice. she complains of cold intolerance and fatigue.
1. What testing would be helpful to screen for thyroid disease?
2. what treatment might she require?
3. What other laboratory abnormalities are commonly seen hypothyroid patients other than hyperlipidemia and abnormal thyroid function tests?
Imagine you are trying to establish that anaerobic oxidation of benzene is occurringusing SIP. A passive sampling device was installed in a well and retrieved foranalysis afterseveral weeks. What are three different ways that the data provided by the lab will helpestablish that degradation is occurring?
Plants of Mirabilis, breeding true for both red flowers and Broadleaves, were crossed with the plant breeding true for both white flowers and narrow leaves. The resulting F1 plants had pink colored flowers and leaves of intermediate with. What would be the expected appearance of the plants produced
- By crossing the F1 plants with red flowers, broad leaves?
- by crossing the F1 plants amongst themselves?
- Get a Booster Class
- Get college credits
- Transfer credits to your school
- We updated the core navigation of the site.
- We updated our settings and notifications.
- We updated our search experience.
- New Study Guides.