Homework Help for Chemistry
Chemistry is the science that deals with the structure, properties and transformations of the bodies based on their composition.
Please help with these questions
1. Consider the incomplete combustion reaction that you observed with the butane lighter:
C4H10(g) + 5 O2(g) = 2 CO2(g) +5 H2O(g) +CO(g) + C(s)
Assume that the butane is a gas at the time of combustion (it is, by the way). Assume that, at SATP, a mass of 0.01 g of butane is burned.
- a. What mass of solid carbon is produced?
- b. How many atoms is this?
2. During a collision, the airbag in a car will deploy and fill up with nitrogen gas. In order for this to occur, solid sodium azide (NaN3) is ignited and decomposes to produce solid sodium (Na) and nitrogen (N2) gas.
a. Write the balanced chemical equation for the decomposition of sodium azide.
b. If the airbag has a volume of 70.0 L, then what mass of soidum azide would be required to completely fill the airbag at a temperature of 295 K and atmospheric pressure of 101.2 kPa?
3. In a brief statement, describe a situation where knowledge of the ideal gas law and stoichiometric calculations are, or may be, used in a technological application. Explain how knowledge of the laws we’ve discussed would be useful. Note: the airbag may not be used to answer this question as it was featured in the question above.
Need Help with my Homework. Thank you so much, please provide explanations!