Homework Help for Chemistry (page 10366)
- All Subjects
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management
Ask your question
2. (11 marks) a) At 400 °C, ammonium iodide decomposes in the following endothermic reaction: NH41(s) + NH3(g) + HI(g) Kp = 0.215 at 400 °C. Write the equilibrium expression for this reaction. 15.0 g of NH4I was placed in an empty 3.0 L flask and heated to 400 °C. What is the partial pressure of NH3 in the flask once the reaction has reached equilibrium? How would the following changes to the equilibrium mixture affect the number of moles of NH3 in the flask and the value of K, once equilibrium is re-established? (Use increase, decrease or stay the same.) Change Effect on moles of NH3 Ke value Increase temperature Increase volume of flask Remove half of HI gas
38. Without doing any calculations, determine the signs of ASUS and Assur for each chemical reaction. In addition, predict under what temperatures (all temperatures, low temperatures, or high temperatures), if any, the reaction is spontaneous. a. 2 CO(g) + O2(g) – 2 CO2(g) AHIx = -566.0 kJ b. 2 NO2(g) → 2 NO(g) + O2(g) AH x = +113.1 kJ c. 2 H2(g) + O2(g) → 2H2O(g) AHix = -483.6 kJ d. CO2(g) → C(s) + O2(g) Aixn = +393.5 kJ
Are now available and better than ever.
Don’t waste your gap year.
- Get a Booster Class
- Get college credits
- Transfer credits to your school
New on OneClass
OCT 25, 2020
- We updated the core navigation of the site.
- We updated our settings and notifications.
- We updated our search experience.
- New Study Guides.