Homework Help for Prealgebra (page 4)
- All Subjects
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management
Please help answer part D)
(1) The atmospheric pressure P in pounds per square inch (psi) is given by
where a is the altitude above sea level (in miles). If a city has an atmospheric pressure of 11.31 psi, what is its altitude? (Recall that 1 mi = 5,280 ft. Round your answer to the nearest foot.)
(2) An artifact was found and tested for its carbon-14 content. If 83% of the original carbon-14 was still present, what is its probable age (to the nearest 100 years)? (Carbon-14 has a half-life of 5,730 years.)
(3) A seismograph 300 km from the epicenter of an earthquake recorded a maximum amplitude of
A patient takes vitamin pills. Each day he must have at least 240 IU of vitamin A. 5 mg of vitamin B, and 120 mg of vitamin C
David does landscaping for private homes .he charges $45. to travel to the site and then $20 dollars per hour for his services . The equation y=45 +20x models the charge for his services y for any number of hours x.
a. graph the equation.
b. what is the slope line ? what does it mean?
c. what is the y intercept of the line? what does the y intercept represent?
d. julia paid david $125. for his services, how many hours did david work?
- Get a Booster Class
- Get college credits
- Transfer credits to your school
- We updated the core navigation of the site.
- We updated our settings and notifications.
- We updated our search experience.
- New Study Guides.