Homework Help for Psychology (page 24)
- All Subjects
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management
Ask your question
5. Dark adaptation A) takes longer for rods B) produces greater sensitivity in the cones than in the rods C) takes longer when moving from an environment of red light to darkness D) is the process by which photoreceptors are depleted of pigment molecules E) only takes 10 minutes for both rods and cones
16. Juan is experiencing a sleep disorder. For no reason at all, he suddenly falls into sleep whether it is day or night. If he is standing at the time, he falls down due to loss of muscle tone. EEG recordings indicate that he cycles directly into REM. Most likely, Juan is suffering from A) insomnia B) sleep apnea C) night terrors D) narcolepsy E) REM-sleep behaviour disorder
8. Suppose a researcher gave people the following problem: In a group of 100 people, 70 are pilots and 30 are bookkeepers. Of that group, one man is meek, timid, and enjoys helping people. Is he more likely to be a pilot or a bookkeeper? Most subjects would answer A) bookkeeper, demonstrating a bias toward representativeness B) bookkeeper, demonstrating a prior probability bias C) pilot, demonstrating use of the base-rate information given D) pilot, demonstrating the availability bias E) bookkeeper, demonstrating functional fixedness
41. The fact that researchers have found that rat pups that were raised in a stimulating early environment have larger neurons and more dendrite branches supports A) the idea that brain development is primarily genetically determined B) the idea that the environment has an important impact on brain development C) the idea of neural plasticity D) all of the above E) Only B) and C) above
43. Consider the following scenario: A group of psychologists are studying the genetic influence on intelligence. They find that identical twins (raised together) have a heritability coefficient of .88 and that fraternal twins (raised together) have a heritability coefficient of .42. Based solely on these findings, the psychologists can legitimately conclude that A) intelligence is entirely shaped by genetics B) intelligence is entirely shaped by the environment C) intelligence is impacted be genetics D) intelligence is not impacted by the environment E) intelligence is not at all impacted by genetics
Are now available and better than ever.
Don’t waste your gap year.
- Get a Booster Class
- Get college credits
- Transfer credits to your school
New on OneClass
OCT 25, 2020
- We updated the core navigation of the site.
- We updated our settings and notifications.
- We updated our search experience.
- New Study Guides.