Homework Help for Psychology (page 3)
- All Subjects
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management
Ask your question
33. The Triangular Model of Love (Sternberg) describes Empty Love as having A) high passion, low intimacy, high decision/commitment B) low passion, high intimacy, high decision/commitment C) low passion, low intimacy, high decision/commitment D) low passion, low intimacy, low decision/commitment E) no passion, no intimacy, no commitment
27. In his work examining the stability of shyness in early childhood, Jerome Kagan and his colleagues have found that this temperament variable A) is completely unrelated to future behaviour patterns B) is highly consistent and stable for the vast majority of children C) is related to future behaviour patterns, but only for children rated as being extremely uninhibited D) is related to future behaviour patterns, but only for children rated as being extremely uninhibited or extremely inhibited E) A & C are both correct
33. When writing an exam you feel tense and anxious and stressed. After the exam is over, you relax. During the exam the effects of your system dominated, and after the exam your system is responsible for calming and slowing down the body A) ascending reticular; somatic B) somatic; ascending reticular C) parasympathetic; sympathetic D) sympathetic; parasympathetic E) reticular; sympathetic
18. Dr. Barnes is an organizational psychologist who has just completed a profile of the employees of Alcan. He reports that there is a positive correlation (r = +0.60) between salary and job satisfaction while there is a negative correlation (r= -0.75) between number of hours worked in a week and job satisfaction. Comparing the correlation coefficients, we can conclude that A) high salaries cause greater job satisfaction than less work hours B) less work hours cause greater job satisfaction than high salaries C) there is a stronger association between salary and job satisfaction D) there is a stronger association between number of hours worked and job satisfaction E) no conclusions can be made
9. Your friend is a bit unsure about her answers to a number of the questions on this exam and has asked you for your opinion. She wants to know what she should do in the future. According to the text, you would recommend all of the following EXCEPT A) you can rule out some alternatives immediately. Eliminate them and choose from the rest B) try to answer the questions before you look at the alternatives C) answer the questions you know first, then come back to the more difficult ones D) do not change your answers—your first guess is likely to be correct E) check your progress from time to time and make sure that you are on track
21. Professor Miller studies aggression in real world settings. In one study, he measured the number of times someone honked their horn at a stalled car. Honking the horn A) is the operational definition of aggression B) is the independent variable C) is the dependent variable D) is a confounding variable E) A) and C) above
Are now available and better than ever.
Don’t waste your gap year.
- Get a Booster Class
- Get college credits
- Transfer credits to your school
New on OneClass
OCT 25, 2020
- We updated the core navigation of the site.
- We updated our settings and notifications.
- We updated our search experience.
- New Study Guides.