Homework Help for Psychology (page 4)
- All Subjects
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management
Ask your question
22. It is surprising that alcohol is technically a since most users state that they need a few drinks to get the party started. It appears that this reaction actually results from the inhibitory control centres in the brain. A) hallucinogen; exciting B) opiate; depressing C) stimulant; exciting D) depressant; depressing E) depressant; exciting
6. You overhear two psychologists talking about a patient. Dr. Ainsists that the patient's problem is the result of turning away from self actualization. Dr. B says no, it is the result of collectivism. Most likely A) Dr. A is a behaviourist; Dr. B is humanist B) Dr. A follows the cognitive perspective; Dr. B is a structuralist C) Dr. A is a sociobiologist; Dr. B is a functionalist D) Dr. A follows the humanistic perspective: Dr. B follows the sociocultural perspective E) Dr. A is a cognitive behaviourist; Dr. B follows the behavioural perspective
13. According to Freud, what motivates much of human behavior is A) the expected outcome of the behavior combined with the subjective value of that outcome B) the subjective interpretation of physiological arousal C) the battle between unconscious impulses struggling for release and psychological defenses used to keep them under control D) the consequences of a given behavior E) an intrinsic striving for self-actualization
22. The theories of Richard Lazarus and Stanley Schachter are similar because both A) propose that emotion is caused by unconscious conflicts B) propose that extrinsic reward decreases intrinsic motivation C) propose that emotional expression is culturally determined D) propose that cognitive appraisals are an essential component of emotional experience E) all of the above
14. REM sleep is called paradoxical sleep because a our heart rate is slow and steady, while our breathing is highly irregular b. our nervous system is highly active, while our voluntary muscles hardly move. c. we are deeply asleep but can be awakened easily. d it leads to highly imaginative dreams that are perceived as colorless images
Are now available and better than ever.
Don’t waste your gap year.
- Get a Booster Class
- Get college credits
- Transfer credits to your school
New on OneClass
OCT 25, 2020
- We updated the core navigation of the site.
- We updated our settings and notifications.
- We updated our search experience.
- New Study Guides.