PRACTICE EXERCISE 2
Rewrite each sentence to make structures parallel.
1. The forest rangers lifted the wounded bird slowly and with great care.
2. Colorful insects hover, flitter, and are fluttering around the flowers.
3. The short story is vivid, interesting, and has a simple plot.
4. The poem was praised more for its style than for what it had to say.
5. Her new classmates proved not only to be friendly but they were also generous.
6. To convince her little sister, she tried both persuasion and to bribe her.
PRACTICE EXERCISE 3
Complete the following sentences using parallel structures.
1. The actress worked as a waitress, a researcher, and a seamstress.
2. He is a man known for his integrity and ________.
3. A good book, a trusted friend, and ________ make her happy.
4. They prefer to hike, to snorkel, and ________
5. You can either see raffle tickets or ________
- 6. He was not only a writer but also a ________
1. A voung enilsted sailor has been living on the local economy in Thailand while attached to a U.S. embassy. Two months after his posting at the facility. he reported to the medical treatment facility complaining of diarrhea and somewhat severe abdominal pain. A stool specimen was cultured for pathogenic bacteria and yielded normal results, Upon his return to the treatment area an additional stool specimen was obtained and examined microscopically. Larce operculated egos that were broad and eliptical in shape were observed. What is the probable causative organism and What is another parasite that could be confused with the most probable diagnosed pathogen?