Simon Fraser University8888 University Dr, Burnaby, Canada
- Student life
- Student services
- After graduation
- Notable Locations
- Libraries and Study Areas
- Residences on campus
- Campus Clubs & Associations
- School Reviews
About Simon Fraser University
Simon Fraser, named after a Scottish explorer, Simon Fraser, is a public institution which was founded in 1965. With an urban campus located in Vancouver, it has a total undergraduate enrollment of 30,000 students and 130,000 alumni. The university is consistently ranked as a top university in Canada. Its academic calendar is trimester-based in a suburban setting.
The university is an active member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), the biggest collegiate sports organization globally. The university's athletic team is known as the SFU Clan. 2 Olympic gold medalists are from its alumni: Carol Huynh at the Beijing Olympics in 2008 for wrestling and Daniel Igali at the Sydney Olympics in 2000 for freestyle wrestling.
A flexible trimester system, combined with cooperative education experience and an amazing range of choice of studies, ensure that students of the Simon Fraser University are empowered to chart their own path to learning. Simon Fraser University is majorly known for limit-breaking interdisciplinary approach, so students can easily combine different areas of study in numerous combinations.
Designed to offer students with the highest level of flexibility, Simon Fraser University students can choose which of the 3 terms they wish to undergo courses, which opens greater opportunities for interspersing work terms.
Student to Faculty Ratio
Average class size
- Criminology3,583 Documents
- Psychology3,463 Documents
- Business Administration3,511 Documents
- Biomedical Physio & Kines1,661 Documents
- Communication1,565 Documents
- CRIM 101 - Introduction to CriminologyCriminology
- PSYC 100 - Introduction to Psychology IPsychology
- BISC 101 - General BiologyBiological Sciences
- BUS 272 - Behavior in OrganizationsBusiness Administration
- CRIM 104 - Sociological Explanations of Criminal and Deviant BehaviorCriminology
- SFU GPA Calculator - 11 days ago
- SFU Past Exams and Midterms 2019 - 46 days ago
- Job Opportunities for students at Simon Fraser University! - 96 days ago
- Health Services and Wellness at Simon Fraser University - 99 days ago
- Restaurants & Cafes for Students at Simon Fraser University - 101 days ago