UBC Okanagan, UBC OK
University of British Columbia - Okanagan3333 University Way, Kelowna, Canada
- Student life
- Student services
- After graduation
- Notable Locations
- Libraries and Study Areas
- Residences on campus
- Campus Clubs & Associations
- School Reviews
About University of British Columbia - Okanagan
UBC was specifically designed to be a center of learning for the 21st Century. It is a world renowned research institution and consistently ranks in the top 40 best universities. It is a small university of about 8000 students, yet these students come from around the world to study here. Though it is small, it offers a diverse population. The size of the university means a close community, one in which students interact with their professors outside of class on a daily basis.
UBC currently has a $14.5 budget which maintains over 70 research projects. This ensures that UBC remains current as an active player in research and learning in the region and around the world.
A major draw for students is the expansive system of trails around the Okanagan area the university maintains. There is also a campus cycling program to complement these types of activities which offers bicycles to loan for both students and faculty. A state of the art sports and recreation facility is also available for students.
Because the university values student involvement they encourage a vast array of campus programs, clubs, and student organization which play an active role in how the university functions. As a small university, this type of experiential learning can play large role in the overall experience of studying at UBC.
Student to Faculty Ratio
Average class size
- Chemistry408 Documents
- Biology356 Documents
- Psychology258 Documents
- Physics206 Documents
- Mathematics295 Documents
- MATH 101 - Integral Calculus with Applications to Physical Sciences and EngineeringMathematics
- PSYO 111 - Introduction to Psychology: Basic ProcessesPsychology
- CHEM 123 - Physical and Organic ChemistryChemistry
- CHEM 121 - Atomic and Molecular ChemistryChemistry
- MATH 100 - Differential Calculus with Applications to Physical Sciences and EngineeringMathematics
- UBCO | April 2019 Final Exam Notes - 83 days ago
- Restaurants & Cafes near or at UBC Okanagan - 160 days ago
- Jobs for College Students at the University of British Columbia - Okanagan - 160 days ago
- University of British Columbia (UBC) Okanagan Campus Fall 2018 Final Exam Schedule - 211 days ago
- Top 10 Majors Offered at UBC Okanagan - 213 days ago