Laurentian University of Sudbury935 Ramsey Lake Rd, Sudbury, Canada
- Student life
- Student services
- After graduation
- Notable Locations
- Libraries and Study Areas
- Residences on campus
- Campus Clubs & Associations
- School Reviews
About Laurentian University of Sudbury
Laurentian University is a bilingual university which was incorporated in 1960 in Ontario, Canada. Students from Ontario and all around the globe are making Laurentian University their first choice. There are several reasons for this choice, but a vital one is that 95% of the university's graduates find suitable jobs after graduating from the school.
At Laurentian University, the size of the classes allows for a more practical approach to learning as well as engagement with the professors. Hence, there is a great opportunity for student experience and growth with the over 400 full-time, talented instructional and research faculty.
Laurentian University has a picturesque landscape which is surrounded by 5 of the 300 freshwater lakes of Sudbury, a mix of boreal forest and stunning nature trails. The university is well known both internationally and nationally as home to the Harquail School of Earth Sciences, McEwen School of Architecture, Bharti School of Engineering, Goodman School of Mines, and Northern Ontario School of Medicine.
In sports, the school's teams, known as the Lady Vees or the female team and the Voyageurs for the male teams, are active competitors in major championships. The Lady Vees basketball team is one of the most successful in U Sports Women's Basketball Championship history.
The tri-cultural and bilingual identity of Laurentian University enhances the perspective of the students and promotes intercultural understanding. The university's degree programs' flexibility enables students to adapt their degrees to include majors, minors, specializations and concentrations.
- Economics / Science Èconomique196 Documents
- Psychology / Psychologie222 Documents
- Commerce and Administration214 Documents
- Biology / Biologie251 Documents
- Human Kinetics115 Documents
- PSYC-1105EL - Introduction to PsychologyPsychology / Psychologie
- ECON-1006EL - Introduction to MicroeconomicsEconomics / Science Èconomique
- BIOL-1507EL - Biology IIBiology / Biologie
- BIOL-1506EL - Biology IBiology / Biologie
- SOCI-1015EL - Understanding SocietySociology