University of New Brunswick Fredericton3 Bailey Dr, Fredericton, Canada
- Student life
- Student services
- After graduation
- Notable Locations
- Libraries and Study Areas
- Residences on campus
- Campus Clubs & Associations
- School Reviews
About University of New Brunswick Fredericton
The University of New Brunswick is the oldest English-Language University in the County. It was founded in 1785 by Loyalists fleeing the American Revolution. The university has two campuses, in Fredericton and in Saint John. The Fredericton campus sits atop a hill with a view of the Saint John River. The campus is well known for its beautiful fall foliage and unique architecture. There also two historic sites on the campus, designated by the National Historic Sites of Canada.
UNB is the seat of 11 Canada research chairs, with over 60 research centers and institutes. It is also particularly proud of its reputation as the most entrepreneurial university in Canada, awarded by Startup Canada. It has supported in launching more than 23 new startup companies.
Students on both campuses have access to UNB's world-class facilities, fitness classes and other outdoor activities. They can also participate in exchange programs with 89 university partners in 35 different countries.
The university is home to Canada's only NASA-designated Regional Planetary Imagine Facility, in which the public can visit and view mission documents and other cartographical information. It is also home to the only Archaeological program in Canada that offers field school experiences and hands-on application. The faculty of Computer Science in Fredericton was the first computer science faculty in Canada, and went on to develop the first software engineering degree program in Atlantic Canada.
Student to Faculty Ratio
Average class size
- Biology121 Documents
- Engineering64 Documents
- Chemistry51 Documents
- Sociology73 Documents
- Mathematics41 Documents
- ENGG1082 - Mechanics for EngineersEngineering
- BIOL1006 - Applications in Biology, Part IBiology
- BIOL1001 - Biological Principles, Part IBiology
- PSYC1023 - Introduction to Psychology - IIPsychology
- CHEM1006 - General Chemistry Laboratory IChemistry
- Math Courses at UNB - Fredericton - 317 days ago
- 10 Hardest Courses at University of New Brunswick Fredericton - 821 days ago
- Top 10 Residences at UNB Fredericton - 937 days ago
- 10 of the Easiest Classes at UNB Fredericton - 1094 days ago
- 10 Ways to Kick Butt at the University of Toronto - 1359 days ago