Saint Mary's University923 Robie St, Halifax, Canada
About Saint Mary's University
St. Mary's University was founded in 1802 and is one of the oldest public universities in Canada. The University has a Faculty of Arts, Science, Business, Engineering, Continuing Education, as well as English Training and other vocational training centres. The University is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and has nearly 10,000 students. The school has a very strong cultural, school and community-based student atmosphere. Most of the school's attention and scholarships are directed towards the undergraduate students.
Founded in 1934, the Sobey School of Business is one of the oldest and most prestigious business schools in Canada. The College offers bachelor, masters, and doctoral degrees, and is the only business school in the Atlantic region to receive a doctorate in business administration. The Business School was ranked as the largest and best business school in the Atlantic region by Canadian Business magazine. Its MBA program is ranked fourth in Canada, and its business undergraduate education is ranked in the top five in Canada. It is accredited by the Global Association of College Business Schools (AACSB) and is one of the more than 500 business schools in the world (only 15 in Canada) that receive this international accreditation.
Most of the courses at SMU are accompanied by a Co-op program, which provides students with real corporate experience while they are still an undergraduate. The length of a Co-op can be anywhere from 4 months to 16 months, with the average hovering around 12 months. Wages are paid by the employer during the internship, and the student's average wage is between $12 and $15 per hour. There is no fee to apply for entry into the Co-op program, but a registration fee of $500 is required for each post-semester internship. Students who have worked in a Co-op are more likely to be hired after graduation and have a head-start on their work life.
SMU and China's Wuhan University have established a direct cooperative relationship, including a student exchange learning program a credit transfer program. SMU helped Beijing to establish the most advanced language centre in China and helped Beijing University to train a large number of teachers. SMU also helped Xiamen University to establish China's first MBA education centre. At the beginning of November 2010, after a strict examination, Hanban approved the establishment of the Confucius Institute at SMU and at Xiamen University, which made SMU the centre for Chinese-Canadian culture exchange in the Atlantic region.
Student to Faculty Ratio
Average class size
Top Study Guides
- ANTA02H3Exam NoteStudy GuideIn Search of Respect- Chapter Notes
- SOSC 1000Exam NoteStudy GuideSOSC 1000 - Final Exam Study Guide (Comprehensive)
- SOSC 1000Exam NoteStudy Guidefinal exam prep
- KINE 1020Exam NoteStudy GuideKINE 1020 Final: KINE 1020 Lecture Notes ALL
- BIOL130Exam NoteStudy GuideOxford Tutorial Oral.docx
Top Class Notes
- Statistics - Reference Guides
- SOC101 Lecture : Sociology Notes.docx
- Business Administration 2257 Lecture 22: Dicore International
- Business Administration 2257 Lecture 22: (and 23) Mama J's Marmalade
- Business Administration 2257 Lecture 20: Phil's Haulage
Top Textbook Notes
- GMS Chapter 1 2 3 5 6 7 8 11 13 16.docx
- Chapter summaries of The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood
- Political Science 1020E Chapter 1,3,4,5,9,10,12,17: Politics by Andrew Heywood notes.docx
- PSYCH1010 Chapters 1-4 TEST NOTES.docx
- EESA06- Chapter 1-4 Multiple Choice .docx