McMaster University1280 Main St W, Hamilton, Canada
- Student life
- Student services
- After graduation
- Notable Locations
- Libraries and Study Areas
- Residences on campus
- Campus Clubs & Associations
- School Reviews
About McMaster University
McMaster University is one of the few Canadian universities consistently ranked in the top 100 in the world, by major global ranking systems. Founded in 1887, McMaster University is dedicated to teaching, learning and service, and considers itself a medical-doctoral, research-intensive university. It is home to over 70 research centers and institutes, and houses 6 main faculties. These include: The DeGroote School of Business, and the Faculties of Engineering, Health Sciences, Humanities, Science, and Social Sciences.
Located primarily in Hamilton, Ontario, McMaster University is on 300 acres of scenic views, with the 30-acre central core designed for pedestrian and bicycle use. The campus is also in close proximity to Toronto, and the famous Niagara Falls. The university also has four regional campuses: downtown Hamilton, Burlington, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Niagara.
McMaster attracts students from 107 countries, and from all over Canada. In 2016, over 22% of its student body were international students. It has a total full-time student population of over 31,000. The primary teaching language is English.
The university has its own nuclear reactor, which opened in 1959, and was the first university-based research reactor in the British Commonwealth. Today it is one of the world's largest makers of the medical isotope iodine-125, which is used in the treatment for prostate cancer.
Student to Faculty Ratio
Average class size
- Psychology9,727 Documents
- Commerce5,706 Documents
- Mathematics4,758 Documents
- Biology4,399 Documents
- Economics3,423 Documents
- PSYCH 1XX3 - Foundations of Psychology, Neuroscience & BehaviourPsychology
- PSYCH 1X03 - Introduction to Psychology, Neuroscience & BehaviourPsychology
- ANTHROP 1AA3 - Introduction to Anthropology: Sex, Food and DeathAnthropology
- ECON 1B03 - Introductory MicroeconomicsEconomics
- BIOLOGY 1A03 - Cellular and Molecular BiologyBiology
- Math Courses at McMaster University - 75 days ago
- Is McMaster University Depending Too Much on International Students? - 434 days ago
- McMaster University Past Exams and Midterms 2019 - 535 days ago
- Restaurants and Cafes for Students at McMaster University - 602 days ago
- Job Opportunities for Students at McMaster University - 604 days ago