Trent University1600 W Bank Dr, Peterborough, Canada
About Trent University
Trent University was established in 1964 as a post-secondary institution in the Trent Valley. Trent University enrolls approximately 7,600 full-time students. The university is renowned for its sustainable agriculture and food systems, forensic science, and business administration programs. Ranked 4th overall among primarily-undergraduate focused institutions, Trent University is recognized as one of Canada's best small universities.
Trent University typically hosts smaller class sizes, allowing for a high level of interaction between professors and students. There are also a relatively low number of international students at the school. Despite being a small university, Trent University offers students the opportunity to participate in academic and scientific research. The Water Quality Center, which was opened several years ago, has led Trent University to a leading position in technology and research in the identification of drinking water quality. By the same token, the University offers many research opportunities for graduate students in agriculture, and Canadian research and health.
Trent University's Institute of Ethnology was established in Canada 30 years ago. The institute's graduate program was introduced in 1999, the first of its kind in Canada. Trent University also offers joint-degree programs with other institutions. For example, Trent University offers a joint Kinesiology program with UOIT (University of Ontario Institute of Technology).
The small, interactive class sizes is another notable characteristic of Trent University. The school's emphasis on interactivity in the classroom encourages active and lively discussion. According to MacLean's, the average first and second year class typically holds 71.7 students, while upper classes enroll 22.9 students on average. The Thomas J. Bata Library is the only library at the Peterborough campus of Trent University. Completed in 1969, the library is the focal point of the campus. With a large collection of both printed and electronic materials, the Thomas J. Bata Library is a great place for students to study and focus outside of the classroom.
Student to Faculty Ratio
Average class size
Top Study Guides
- ANTA02H3Exam NoteStudy GuideIn Search of Respect- Chapter Notes
- SOSC 1000Exam NoteStudy GuideSOSC 1000 - Final Exam Study Guide (Comprehensive)
- SOSC 1000Exam NoteStudy Guidefinal exam prep
- KINE 1020Exam NoteStudy GuideKINE 1020 Final: KINE 1020 Lecture Notes ALL
- BIOL130Exam NoteStudy GuideOxford Tutorial Oral.docx
Top Class Notes
- Statistics - Reference Guides
- Business Administration 2257 Lecture 22: Dicore International
- SOC101 Lecture : Sociology Notes.docx
- Business Administration 2257 Lecture 22: (and 23) Mama J's Marmalade
- Business Administration 2257 Lecture 20: Phil's Haulage
Top Textbook Notes
- GMS Chapter 1 2 3 5 6 7 8 11 13 16.docx
- Chapter summaries of The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood
- Political Science 1020E Chapter 1,3,4,5,9,10,12,17: Politics by Andrew Heywood notes.docx
- PSYCH1010 Chapters 1-4 TEST NOTES.docx
- EESA06- Chapter 1-4 Multiple Choice .docx
- Math Courses at Trent University - 659 days ago
- Trent University Increasingly Dependent on International Students - 1215 days ago
- Restaurants & Cafes near or at Trent University - 1361 days ago
- Jobs for College Students at Trent University - 1361 days ago
- 10 of the Hardest Courses at Trent University - 1400 days ago