University of Ottawa75 Laurier Ave E, Ottawa, Canada
About University of Ottawa
The University of Ottawa, located in the country's capital, is the largest bilingual French/English university in the world. It has the first and largest French immersion program among all of Canada's universities, which it offers to its 40,000 students in over 450 programs of study. Students can choose to study in French, English, or even both.
Since it is located in the nation's capital, it also offers access to important Canadian institutions like the Parliament of Canada, federal government departments and agencies, and other major institutions. This provides a unique set of opportunities and exposure to important organizations.
University of Ottawa has 10 faculties: Arts, Law, Education, Engineering, Medicine, Science, Health Science, Graduate and Postgraduate Studies, Social Sciences, and the Telfer School of Management. The law school at the University of Ottawa is the largest in the country. The University is also a premier research university, and among Canada's top 10 research universities. Because of its world-renowned researchers and high level infrastructure, it obtains over $300 million in research-related funding yearly. Of particular focus in research are the areas of social sciences, health, engineering, science, and the humanities.
The University of Ottawa has a 97% rate of employment for its graduates, almost guaranteeing the success of its alumni. Over 84% of students also state they are satisfied with their overall experience at the university, indicating that UOttawa education is highly valued and useful.
Student to Faculty Ratio
Average class size
Top Study Guides
- ANTA02H3Exam NoteStudy GuideIn Search of Respect- Chapter Notes
- SOSC 1000Exam NoteStudy GuideSOSC 1000 - Final Exam Study Guide (Comprehensive)
- SOSC 1000Exam NoteStudy Guidefinal exam prep
- KINE 1020Exam NoteStudy GuideKINE 1020 Final: KINE 1020 Lecture Notes ALL
- BIOL130Exam NoteStudy GuideOxford Tutorial Oral.docx
Top Class Notes
- Statistics - Reference Guides
- SOC101 Lecture : Sociology Notes.docx
- Business Administration 2257 Lecture 22: Dicore International
- Business Administration 2257 Lecture 22: (and 23) Mama J's Marmalade
- Business Administration 2257 Lecture 20: Phil's Haulage
Top Textbook Notes
- GMS Chapter 1 2 3 5 6 7 8 11 13 16.docx
- Chapter summaries of The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood
- Political Science 1020E Chapter 1,3,4,5,9,10,12,17: Politics by Andrew Heywood notes.docx
- PSYCH1010 Chapters 1-4 TEST NOTES.docx
- EESA06- Chapter 1-4 Multiple Choice .docx
- Math Courses at the University of Ottawa - 714 days ago
- International Tuition Increasing Much Faster Than Domestic Tuition at the University of Ottawa - 1076 days ago
- Past Exams and Midterms at uOttawa - 1197 days ago
- Job Opportunities for Students at University of Ottawa - 1249 days ago
- Restaurants & Cafes For Students at uOttawa - 1252 days ago