Western University1151 Richmond St, London, Canada
About Western University
The University of Western Ontario, also known as Western University, was founded on 7th March, 1878 and it is a public research institution with 4 faculties ' Medicine, Law, Divinity, and Arts. Since 1883 when the first class graduated, the institution has become an excellent centre of learning. Through 3 affiliated university colleges and twelve faculties, The Western University of Ontario now offers its more than 36,000 students over 400 specializations, minors and majors.
Western has been leading in business education since founding it. The university leads both home and abroad, thanks to the building of a state-of-the-art Business School and the opening of North America's 1st School of Business campus in Hong Kong. The school offers a leadership Education program for students to know how to become effective leaders, both in teams and individually. The University is ranked consistently as one of the top universities in Canada, and ranks within the first 250 universities globally. Western is also noted for the number of graduate employment prospects.
Western varsity teams compete in the Ontario University Athletic Conference of U-Sports. The varsity teams are referred to as the Western Ontario Mustangs. The university's varsity teams have recorded much success. Their football team has appeared in twelve national championship finals, won six Vanier Cups as the national champions, and won thirty provincial championships. In rowing, they have won twenty three provincial championships. In basketball they've won twenty four provincial championships.
Student to Faculty Ratio
Average class size
- Psychology16,729 Documents
- Biology11,700 Documents
- Sociology8,067 Documents
- Management and Organizational Studies6,319 Documents
- Kinesiology6,225 Documents
- Psychology 1000 - Introduction To PsychologyPsychology
- Biology 1001A - Biology For Science IBiology
- Political Science 1020E - Introduction To Political SciencePolitical Science
- Biology 1002B - Biology For Science IIBiology
- Law 2101 - Introduction To LawLaw
- Math Courses at Western University - 372 days ago
- Western University Increasingly Dependent on International Students - 746 days ago
- UWO Past Exams and Midterms 2019 - 872 days ago
- Restaurants and Cafes for Students at Western University - 921 days ago
- 10 Hardest Courses at Western University - 927 days ago