York University4700 Keele St, Toronto, Canada
- Student life
- Student services
- After graduation
- Notable Locations
- Libraries and Study Areas
- Residences on campus
- Campus Clubs & Associations
- School Reviews
About York University
York University is located in Toronto, and it is Canada's third largest university. York is comprised of two campuses and two centers: The Keele Campus, Glendon Campus, Miles S. Nadal Management Center and Osgoode Professional Development Center. The Keele Campus is the main campus of York University, covering 450 acres. There are 46,000 full-time undergraduate students and 5,900 graduate students who attend classes at the Keele Campus. The vast majority of academic programs are conducted here. There are more than 7,000 faculty and staff, and more than 260,000 alumni worldwide.
The university was first established in 1959 and the school has quickly grown to one of the largest universities in Canada. Many of the CEO's of Canada's major banks have all received an education from York University. Other notable alumni include a former Chief of Justice, the Minister of Finance of Canada and astronaut Steve MacLean.
York University can be frequently found among the top ten education institutions in Canada. This is a relatively competitive university. The most competitive college at the school is York University's Schulich School of Business, which has been ranked in the top three in Canada and 10th in Bloomberg Businessweek's 2010 rankings.
In order to provide extracurricular activities to a large and diverse student population, York University is home to over 290 student clubs and organizations. The school's sports teams are represented by the York Lions.
Student to Faculty Ratio
Average class size
- Psychology10,347 Documents
- Administrative Studies6,976 Documents
- Social Science4,995 Documents
- Natural Science4,515 Documents
- Biology4,404 Documents
- PSYC 1010 - Introduction to PsychologyPsychology
- ADMS 1000 - Introduction to BusinessAdministrative Studies
- ECON 1000 - Introduction to Economics: MicroeconomicsEconomics
- BIOL 1000 - Introduction to Biological ScienceBiology
- KINE 1000 - Sociocultural Perspectives in KinesiologyKinesiology & Health Science
- YorkU Past Exams and Midterms 2019 - 29 days ago
- Jobs for College Students at York University - 72 days ago
- Job Opportunities for Students at York University - 97 days ago
- Health and Wellness Services at York University - 106 days ago
- Top 10 Coolest Courses at York University - 111 days ago