York University4700 Keele St, Toronto, Canada
About York University
York University is located in Toronto, and it is Canada's third largest university. York is comprised of two campuses and two centers: The Keele Campus, Glendon Campus, Miles S. Nadal Management Center and Osgoode Professional Development Center. The Keele Campus is the main campus of York University, covering 450 acres. There are 46,000 full-time undergraduate students and 5,900 graduate students who attend classes at the Keele Campus. The vast majority of academic programs are conducted here. There are more than 7,000 faculty and staff, and more than 260,000 alumni worldwide.
The university was first established in 1959 and the school has quickly grown to one of the largest universities in Canada. Many of the CEO's of Canada's major banks have all received an education from York University. Other notable alumni include a former Chief of Justice, the Minister of Finance of Canada and astronaut Steve MacLean.
York University can be frequently found among the top ten education institutions in Canada. This is a relatively competitive university. The most competitive college at the school is York University's Schulich School of Business, which has been ranked in the top three in Canada and 10th in Bloomberg Businessweek's 2010 rankings.
In order to provide extracurricular activities to a large and diverse student population, York University is home to over 290 student clubs and organizations. The school's sports teams are represented by the York Lions.
Student to Faculty Ratio
Average class size
- Psychology11,111 Documents
- Administrative Studies7,402 Documents
- Natural Science5,041 Documents
- Social Science5,354 Documents
- Kinesiology & Health Science4,457 Documents
- PSYC 1010 - Introduction to PsychologyPsychology
- ADMS 1000 - Introduction to BusinessAdministrative Studies
- ECON 1000 - Introduction to Economics: MicroeconomicsEconomics
- BIOL 1000 - Introduction to Biological Science / Biology I - Cells, Molecular Biology and GeneticsBiology (Glendon)
- KINE 1000 - Sociocultural Perspectives in KinesiologyKinesiology & Health Science
- Math Courses at York University - 354 days ago
- York University Becoming More Dependent on International Students Every Year - 746 days ago
- MATH 1131 Past Exams York University 2019 - 797 days ago
- ECON 1010 Past Exams York University - 797 days ago
- York University | April 2019 Final Exam Notes - 817 days ago