McGill University845 Sherbrooke St W, Montral, Canada
- Student life
- Student services
- After graduation
- Notable Locations
- Libraries and Study Areas
- Residences on campus
- Campus Clubs & Associations
- School Reviews
About McGill University
Founded in 1821, McGill University is the oldest public university in Montreal. The primary instruction language is English, though recently, about 20% of the students mentioned French as their mother tongue. About half of Montreal population speaks French as first language. About one-quarter of the student population is international.
The university has 10 schools and faculties ' science, music, medicine, management, law, engineering, education, dentistry, arts, environmental and agricultural sciences ' which offer more than 300 programs of study. Over 80% of McGill University's graduates are much sought after by big employers immediately after graduation.
In 2017, Montreal was ranked as the most student-friendly city in the world, as it's infused with various cultures and arts. Cost of rent is significantly lower than in other cities where major universities are located, while many aeronautical firms, financial companies, pharmaceutical firms, and international institutes are based in the city, providing employment opportunities for the students. As a fun fact, McGill also claims to be the inventors of basketball, hockey, and modern American football.
Since 1962, McGill University has been an active member of the AAU (Association of American Universities), an organization that comprises of the top research universities in North America. Also, it is a founding member of the Universitas 21, an international network of top research-intensive institutions which collaboratively work to encourage the international scope and enhance reach globally.
Student to Faculty Ratio
Average class size
- Psychology6,459 Documents
- Political Science5,734 Documents
- History2,976 Documents
- Biology2,811 Documents
- Mathematics and Statistics2,494 Documents
- PSYC 215 - Social PsychologyPsychology
- PSYC 100 - Introduction to PsychologyPsychology
- BIOL 200 - Molecular BiologyBiology
- CHEM 181 - World of Chemistry: FoodChemistry
- POLI 244 - International Politics: State BehaviourPolitical Science
- McGill Past Exams and Midterms 2019 - 476 days ago
- Restaurants and Cafes for Students at McGill - 528 days ago
- Health and Wellness Services at McGill University - 542 days ago
- Top 10 Coolest Courses at McGill - 543 days ago
- Top 10 Hardest Courses at McGill University - 547 days ago