McGill University845 Sherbrooke St W, Montral, Canada
About McGill University
Founded in 1821, McGill University is the oldest public university in Montreal. The primary instruction language is English, though recently, about 20% of the students mentioned French as their mother tongue. About half of Montreal population speaks French as first language. About one-quarter of the student population is international.
The university has 10 schools and faculties ' science, music, medicine, management, law, engineering, education, dentistry, arts, environmental and agricultural sciences ' which offer more than 300 programs of study. Over 80% of McGill University's graduates are much sought after by big employers immediately after graduation.
In 2017, Montreal was ranked as the most student-friendly city in the world, as it's infused with various cultures and arts. Cost of rent is significantly lower than in other cities where major universities are located, while many aeronautical firms, financial companies, pharmaceutical firms, and international institutes are based in the city, providing employment opportunities for the students. As a fun fact, McGill also claims to be the inventors of basketball, hockey, and modern American football.
Since 1962, McGill University has been an active member of the AAU (Association of American Universities), an organization that comprises of the top research universities in North America. Also, it is a founding member of the Universitas 21, an international network of top research-intensive institutions which collaboratively work to encourage the international scope and enhance reach globally.
Student to Faculty Ratio
Average class size
Top Study Guides
- ANTA02H3Exam NoteStudy GuideIn Search of Respect- Chapter Notes
- SOSC 1000Exam NoteStudy GuideSOSC 1000 - Final Exam Study Guide (Comprehensive)
- SOSC 1000Exam NoteStudy Guidefinal exam prep
- KINE 1020Exam NoteStudy GuideKINE 1020 Final: KINE 1020 Lecture Notes ALL
- BIOL130Exam NoteStudy GuideOxford Tutorial Oral.docx
Top Class Notes
- Statistics - Reference Guides
- SOC101 Lecture : Sociology Notes.docx
- Business Administration 2257 Lecture 22: Dicore International
- Business Administration 2257 Lecture 22: (and 23) Mama J's Marmalade
- Business Administration 2257 Lecture 20: Phil's Haulage
Top Textbook Notes
- GMS Chapter 1 2 3 5 6 7 8 11 13 16.docx
- Chapter summaries of The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood
- Political Science 1020E Chapter 1,3,4,5,9,10,12,17: Politics by Andrew Heywood notes.docx
- PSYCH1010 Chapters 1-4 TEST NOTES.docx
- EESA06- Chapter 1-4 Multiple Choice .docx