Queen's University99 University Ave, Kingston, Canada
- Student life
- Student services
- After graduation
- Notable Locations
- Libraries and Study Areas
- Residences on campus
- Campus Clubs & Associations
- School Reviews
About Queen's University
Queen's University is one of Canada's oldest and most prestigious universities. The school was established in 1841 under the Royal Charter of Queen Victoria. Queen's University has an excellent reputation across Ontario and Canada and as a result attracts many students. Queen's University with its excellent reputation also attracts students from around the world.
Queen's MBA program has been ranked in the top 5 for MBA programs consecutively in the past five years by the Canadian Business Journal. This includes a first place in 2014 and a 2nd place ranking in 2016. Thanks to the generous donation of alumni and the attractiveness of the university to outstanding research, Queen's University has first-class facilities and equipment. The school's Joseph S. Stauffer library is known for its electronic services and high-tech networking. The school's bioscience complex cost $50 million. In 1994 Queen's university set up an international research center in the United Kingdom that includes the former Royal Greenwich Observatory.
Although the overall ranking of Queen's University may not be higher than that of the University of Toronto, their admissions average has been higher in past years making it overall the most difficult university to enter in Canada.
Queen's University is located in Kingston Ontario. It is a medium-sized city with a long history and a population of roughly 160,000. Within Kingston there is a beautiful beachfront and a flourishing downtown. The main area of the city is Queen's University as it has an enrollment of over 27,000 students.
Queen's University professors are among the top professors among all Canadian universities. They specialize in programs concerning all aspects of academia. Queen's University is considered a medium-sized university and has an excellent reputation in their business and science programs. Queen's University offers programs in all major faculties including Science, Humanities, Applied Sciences, Business and Law. Queen's main program that is recognized throughout Canada is their business program which has won numerous awards. Queen's research is among the best throughout the country as they use top-notch research equipment and are at the forefront of research. In addition to their business program, Queen's also offers post graduate schooling in law and medicine as well as most master's level programs in science or humanities.
- Psychology4,108 Documents
- Biology2,042 Documents
- Commerce1,870 Documents
- History1,771 Documents
- Classical Studies1,722 Documents
- PSYC 100 - Principles of PsychologyPsychology
- POLS 110 - Introduction to Politics and GovernmentPolitical Studies
- BIOL 103 - Introductory Biology of OrganismsBiology
- SOCY 122 - Introduction to SociologySocial Sci, Edu and Soc Work - Sociology
- GEOL 106 - Environmental Geology and Natural HazardsGeological Sciences and Geological Engineering
- 10 Coolest Courses at Queen’s University - 15 days ago
- 10 Hardest Courses at Queen’s University - 16 days ago
- Top 10 Majors Offered at Queen’s University - 23 days ago
- 10 Queen’s University Library Resources You Need to Know - 78 days ago
- 10 Queen’s Buildings You Need to Know - 90 days ago