University of Ottawa75 Laurier Ave E, Ottawa, Canada
- Student life
- Student services
- After graduation
- Notable Locations
- Libraries and Study Areas
- Residences on campus
- Campus Clubs & Associations
- School Reviews
About University of Ottawa
The University of Ottawa, located in the country's capital, is the largest bilingual French/English university in the world. It has the first and largest French immersion program among all of Canada's universities, which it offers to its 40,000 students in over 450 programs of study. Students can choose to study in French, English, or even both.
Since it is located in the nation's capital, it also offers access to important Canadian institutions like the Parliament of Canada, federal government departments and agencies, and other major institutions. This provides a unique set of opportunities and exposure to important organizations.
University of Ottawa has 10 faculties: Arts, Law, Education, Engineering, Medicine, Science, Health Science, Graduate and Postgraduate Studies, Social Sciences, and the Telfer School of Management. The law school at the University of Ottawa is the largest in the country. The University is also a premier research university, and among Canada's top 10 research universities. Because of its world-renowned researchers and high level infrastructure, it obtains over $300 million in research-related funding yearly. Of particular focus in research are the areas of social sciences, health, engineering, science, and the humanities.
The University of Ottawa has a 97% rate of employment for its graduates, almost guaranteeing the success of its alumni. Over 84% of students also state they are satisfied with their overall experience at the university, indicating that UOttawa education is highly valued and useful.
- Psychology7,054 Documents
- Administration5,724 Documents
- Biology4,550 Documents
- Criminology3,493 Documents
- Sociology3,058 Documents
- PSY 1101 - Introduction to Psychology: FoundationsPsychology
- BIO 1130 - Introduction to Organismal BiologyBiology
- BIO 1140 - Introduction to Cell BiologyBiology
- SOC 1101 - Principles of SociologySociology
- PSY 1102 - Introduction to Psychology: ApplicationsPsychology
- Restaurants & Cafes For Students at uOttawa - 3 days ago
- Health and Wellness Services at the University of Ottawa - 6 days ago
- University of Ottawa (UOttawa) Fall 2018 Final Exam Schedule - 25 days ago
- Top 10 Majors at University of Ottawa - 27 days ago
- Top 10 Residences at the uOttawa - 54 days ago