University of Waterloo200 University Ave W, Waterloo, Canada
- Student life
- Student services
- After graduation
- Notable Locations
- Libraries and Study Areas
- Residences on campus
- Campus Clubs & Associations
- School Reviews
About University of Waterloo
The University of Waterloo is one of the leading universities in Canada with 35,000 part-time and full-time students in graduate and undergraduate programs. The University is a public research institution which was founded in 1957, with its campus located in Waterloo, Ontario, close to the U.S. border and numerous Great Lakes. Waterloo, as home to the world's largest post-secondary co-operative education program, embraces its connections to the world and encourages enterprising partnerships in learning, research and discovery.
The University of Waterloo has 6 major divisions: science, math, environment, engineering, arts, and applied health sciences. The University has a 3-terms academic calendar. Most students of the University participate in a co-op program which enables them to alternate terms spent in the workforce with academic terms. Co-op options are offered in over 120 of the university's undergraduate programs.
For over 5 decades, University of Waterloo has remodeled University education as relevant, transformative and vital, positioned uniquely to drive change to the point of intersection of society, academia and industry. In the next 10 years, the University of Waterloo is focused on building a greater future for Canada and the globe by championing collaboration and innovation to produce solutions that are relevant to today and tomorrow's needs.
Driven by global-leading experienced based and experiential learning, the University of Waterloo produces excellent graduates who are immediately employable and imbued with the competence and confidence needed to lead. It also offers its students opportunity to add up to 6 different work experiences on their resume before graduation.
Student to Faculty Ratio
Average class size
- Psychology4,118 Documents
- Biology3,987 Documents
- Mathematics3,090 Documents
- Accounting & Financial Management2,828 Documents
- Economics2,305 Documents
- PSYCH101 - Introductory PsychologyPsychology
- ECON101 - Introduction to MicroeconomicsEconomics
- SOC101 - Introduction to SociologySociology
- ECON102 - Introduction to MacroeconomicsEconomics
- BIOL130 - Introductory Cell BiologyBiology
- Restaurants & Cafe at University of Waterloo - 67 days ago
- Jobs for College Students at University of Waterloo - 70 days ago
- Top 5 Health and Wellness Center at Waterloo - 80 days ago
- Top 10 Majors at Waterloo - 93 days ago
- University of Waterloo Fall 2018 Final Exam Schedule - 95 days ago