California State University - Long Beach1250 Bellflower Blvd, Long Beach, United States
- Student life
- Student services
- After graduation
- Notable Locations
- Libraries and Study Areas
- Residences on campus
- Campus Clubs & Associations
- School Reviews
About California State University - Long Beach
With over 60 academic departments and programs, 24 centers, four institutes and four clinics, California State University - Long Beach (CSULB) is always abuzz with activity! From its College of Business Administration to the university's Department of Dance, each one of the more than 37,000 students has found their rightful place on this sunny campus. Not to mention the more than 300 campus organizations that students can participate in!
This university has certainly come a long way since its founding in 1949. In fact, U.S News & World Report ranked the university #39 in Regional Universities (West) and #9 in Top Public Schools. The school has also been ranked among having one of the top Business programs, as well as one of the top Engineering programs in the country. Other popular majors among students include Journalism, Social Sciences, and Marketing.
If overlooking the Pacific Ocean and walking along a peach tree-lined campus suits you, CSULB may be a great option for you. It's the perfect school for those looking for a great mix of both academic and outdoor life. All freshmen (unless they commute from a parent's home) are required to live on campus. Doesn't sound like such a bad requirement given the campus' location!
- Communication Studies122 Documents
- Child Development and Family Studies114 Documents
- Economics85 Documents
- Chicano and Latino Studies75 Documents
- Political Science104 Documents
- POSC 100 - Introduction to American GovernmentPolitical Science
- HIST 173 - Recent United States HistoryHistory
- COMM 130 - Essentials of Public SpeakingCommunication Studies
- EDME 110 - The Real Number System for Elementary and Middle School TeachersMathematics Education
- ECON 100 - Principles of MacroeconomicsEconomics