Texas A&M University400 Bizzell St, College Station, United States
- Student life
- Student services
- After graduation
- Notable Locations
- Libraries and Study Areas
- Residences on campus
- Campus Clubs & Associations
- School Reviews
About Texas A&M University
Texas A&M University (also referred to as TAMU) is located in the United States. It was founded in 1876. The school is home to over 68,000 students, with 53,000 undergraduates and 15 postgraduates. It has become a well-known comprehensive research university. The school is divided into ten colleges, each with a different concentration including science, business, or architecture. The university offers more than 130 undergraduate degree programs, 170 master's degree programs, 93 doctoral degree programs and 5 professional degrees as options for study. The Texas A&M University is the fourth largest public university in the nation and the 10th largest university in the United States. TAMU has various accredited academic and research programs. The 2011 edition of the American Journalism and World Report ranked Texas A&M University at No. 22, in the nation's public universities.
The main campus of TAMU, College Station, is one of the largest in the US, with more than 5,200 acres. One out of every student lives on campus. To service this large and diverse student population, the school has over 1,000 recognized student organizations. Due to the large number of college students in the city, College Station was named the 11th most educated American city.
The school has a close-knit community and many of the students are dedicated sports fans, who are also known as Aggies. Students in attendance at the sports games are called the 12th Man, which means that they are supporters of the team and would be willing to enter the game and play if necessary. During games, it is also tradition for students to stand throughout the game. During games, students are expected to kiss their dates upon each time the football team scores. The school's official colors are maroon and white.
Texas A&M has one of the largest alumni networks in the US, with over 450,000 members. Former Governor of Texas, Rick Perry and several congressmen are all graduates from TAMU.
Student to Faculty Ratio
Average class size
- Mathematics1,619 Documents
- Psychology888 Documents
- History698 Documents
- Biology661 Documents
- Chemistry699 Documents
- MATH 152 - Engineering Mathematics IIMathematics
- POLS 207 - State and Local GovernmentPolitical Science
- HIST 105 - History of the United StatesHistory
- MATH 151 - Engineering Mathematics IMathematics
- PSYC 107 - Introduction to PsychologyPsychology
- 400+ Student Discounts for TAMU Students - 205 days ago
- Top 10 Coolest Classes at Texas A&M University - 333 days ago
- 10 Hardest Courses at Texas A&M University - 402 days ago
- TAMU Past Exams and Midterms 2019 - 462 days ago
- Restaurants and Cafes for Students at Texas A&M University - 530 days ago