University of California - Berkeley103 Cross-Sproul Path, Berkeley, United States
- Student life
- Student services
- After graduation
- Notable Locations
- Libraries and Study Areas
- Residences on campus
- Campus Clubs & Associations
- School Reviews
About University of California - Berkeley
UC Berkeley is located in the San Francisco Bay Area. The city of Berkeley is in Northern California, located in the eastern San Francisco Bay, north of Oakland. In 1866, the city was officially renamed Berkeley. The population is roughly 102,743 (2000 statistics). The University of California at Berkeley was built in 1868 and is bordered on the south side of campus by Telegraph Avenue.
The University of California-Berkeley, also known as UC Berkeley or Berkeley, is one of the top public research universities in the United States and is one of the world's most prestigious public universities. The University of California at Berkeley is the oldest of the University of California schools, and one of the founding members of the Association of American Universities. Its mascot is inspired by the California state flag and students often refer to it as the "golden bear".
The University of California, Berkeley, Stanford University, and MIT are known as the academic leaders of the engineering science and technology fields in the US. UCB has won awards in the perennial Shanghai Jiaotong University World University Academic Ranking (ARWU), the Times Higher Education ranking, US News and World Report ranking, and the World University Ranking. Berkeley offers 350 undergraduate and graduate degree programs to its student population of 30,000 undergraduates and 11,000 graduates. Berkeley alumni and faculty members include 94 Nobel laureates, Academy Award winners and Olympic gold medal winners. The university was ranked by The Academic Ranking of World Universities as being 5th in the world and first among public colleges.
Since 1899, the Haas School of Business at Berkeley has been one of the leaders in American business education. HASS has a foreign student percentage of over 30%, of which Asian students make up a large number. Unfortunately so far they do not give scholarships to foreign students. They also require students to learn advanced mathematics and statistics before entering the school.
- Mathematics1,368 Documents
- Political Science1,009 Documents
- Chemistry908 Documents
- Statistics625 Documents
- Computer Science522 Documents
- CHEM 1A - General ChemistryChemistry
- BIOLOGY 1B - General Biology Lecture and LaboratoryBiology
- UGBA 10 - Principles of BusinessBusiness Administration Undergraduate Program
- COMPSCI 61A - The Structure and Interpretation of Computer ProgramsComputer Science
- MATH 1A - CalculusMathematics
- University of California Berkeley (UCB) Fall 2018 Final Exam Schedule - 23 days ago
- 10 Great Majors at UC Berkeley - 29 days ago
- Top 10 Library Resources at UC Berkeley - 78 days ago
- Top 8 Residences at the UC Berkeley - 85 days ago
- 10 UC Berkeley Buildings You Need to Know - 89 days ago