University of California - Santa Cruz1156 High St, Santa Cruz, United States
- Student life
- Student services
- After graduation
- Notable Locations
- Libraries and Study Areas
- Residences on campus
- Campus Clubs & Associations
- School Reviews
About University of California - Santa Cruz
The University of California, Santa Cruz also abbreviated as UCSC or UC Santa Cruz, is a public research university situated 75 miles south of San Francisco at the coastal Santa Cruz area, in the Ben Lomond Mountain crest of the Santa Cruz Mountains. The campus is one of ten campuses under the University of California system. It is nicely tacked away on 2,001-acre rolling, forested hills that overlook the Monterey Bay and Pacific Ocean. Initiated in 1965, the university is known for its contemporary architecture, outstanding academic performance and innovative teaching programs.
According to the 2017 U.S. News & World Report's rankings, UC Santa Cruz is rated 27th for Best Global Universities and 79th for Best National Universities in the U.S. In 2017, Kiplinger ranked the UC Santa Cruz as 3rd in California and 50th out of the top 100 best value public colleges and universities in the United States.
There are popular destinations for students to explore. These include the "Porter Caves" whose entrance lies in the forest located between the Empire Grade Road and the Porter College meadow. The caves meander through several caverns with narrow passages. Tree Nine is another site to behold. It's a fun destination for tree climbers. UCSC is also home to the rare Mima Mounds.
UCSC independently participates in Division III of the NCAA. The university's teams have been ranked Division III nationally in soccer, swimming, tennis and men's volleyball. In 2006, the men's water polo team was placed 18th in the U.S. and won the Division III national Championship.
- Chemistry and Biochemistry326 Documents
- Mathematics327 Documents
- Applied Math and Statistics220 Documents
- Computer Science154 Documents
- Anthropology94 Documents
- CHEM 1A - General ChemistryChemistry and Biochemistry
- CHEM 1B - General ChemistryChemistry and Biochemistry
- CHEM 1C - General ChemistryChemistry and Biochemistry
- AMS 5 - StatisticsApplied Math and Statistics
- MATH 11B - Calculus with ApplicationsMathematics
- 10 Coolest Courses at University of California – Santa Cruz - 11 days ago
- Health and Wellness Services at UC Santa Cruz - 11 days ago
- 10 Hardest Courses at UC Santa Cruz - 22 days ago
- Top 10 Majors at UC Santa Cruz - 25 days ago
- Top 10 Professors at the UC Santa Cruz - 77 days ago