University of Florida1478 Union Road, Gainesville, United States
- Student life
- Student services
- After graduation
- Notable Locations
- Libraries and Study Areas
- Residences on campus
- Campus Clubs & Associations
- School Reviews
About University of Florida
University of Florida is a public research university which was founded in 1853. Having a total student enrollment of 34,554, and a suburban setting, the university campus is located on a 2,000 acres site in Florida, about 2 miles away from Gainesville. The university's academic calendar is semester-based.
The University of Florida's sports teams are known as The Florida Gators. They are active competitors in the Southeastern Conference Division I of the NCAA. Their football team which competes in the Ben Hill Griffin Stadium is especially notorious.
Almost one-third of the students are actively involved in the university's 60-plus sororities and fraternities. Every student can participate in Gator nights, which is held on Fridays, to offer midnight breakfast and late-night entertainment.
Over 2,000 undergraduates are now enrolled in the university's degree programs online. The University of Florida offers fifteen undergraduate degree programs online, including sports management, geology and biology. In the university's sports history, the University of Florida sports teams have won thirty six national championships, and have won at least a title in the last seven years. The university's athletic department has been the only department to finish in the top ten of the previous 33 all-sport rankings nationally, inclusive of runner-up showings in 3 of the last 5 seasons.
- Biology - Biological Sciences697 Documents
- Anthropology493 Documents
- Geological Sciences382 Documents
- Chemistry359 Documents
- Clinical and Health Psychology199 Documents
- BSC 2011 - Integrated Principles of Biology 2Biology - Biological Sciences
- IUF 1000 - What is the Good LifeGeological Sciences
- BSC 2010 - Integrated Principles of Biology 1Biology - Biological Sciences
- PSY 2012 - General PsychologyPsychology
- EEL 3003 - Elements of Electrical EngineeringEngineering-Electrical