University of Illinois901 W Illinois St, Urbana, United States
- Student life
- Student services
- After graduation
- Notable Locations
- Libraries and Study Areas
- Residences on campus
- Campus Clubs & Associations
- School Reviews
About University of Illinois
The University of Illinois at Urbana'Champaign also known as University of Illinois, U of I or Illinois, is a highly recognized public research university in the U.S. state of Illinois, in the heart of Chicago, one of the world's greatest cities.
Founded in 1867 as a land-grant institution in the twin cities of Urbana and Champaign, the University of Illinois is a flagship campus and a founding member of the Big Ten Conference. U of I is also a member of the Association of American Universities and is named a R1 Doctorate Research University under the distinguished Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education, which is credited with the highest research activity. Academically, the Times Higher Education, U.S. News & World Report, and the Academic Ranking of World Universities rank the University of Illinois among the best 50 universities in the world, and one of the best 5 engineering schools in the world. The university's Fighting Illini athletic teams compete in the NCAA Division I.
The institution is the only public research university in Chicago and is reputed for offering access to excellence and limitless opportunities for its students. Its welcoming environment and diverse student body has made U of I one of the most culturally and ethnically rich university campuses in the United States.
Illinois boasts the second largest university library system in the U.S. after Harvard University. The institution houses the National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA) and has the fastest supercomputer on a university campus. The well-established university has 651 buildings standing tall on a 6,370-acre space. It also runs a Research Park which is home to innovation centers for some of the Fortune 500 companies and firms including Yahoo, Abbott, Caterpillar, State Farm and Capital One.
- Mathematics1,040 Documents
- Psychology741 Documents
- Chemistry532 Documents
- Molecular and Cell Biology469 Documents
- Economics449 Documents
- MATH 241 - Calculus IIIMathematics
- MCB 150 - Molec & Cellular Basis of LifeMolecular and Cell Biology
- MATH 231 - Calculus IIMathematics
- PSYC 100 - Intro PsychPsychology
- ECON 102 - Microeconomic PrinciplesEconomics
- Restaurants/Cafes at or near University of Illinois - 4 days ago
- Health and Wellness Services at University of Illinois - 8 days ago
- Top 10 Coolest Courses at the University of Illinois - 16 days ago
- University of Illinois (UI) Fall 2018 Final Exam Schedule - 23 days ago
- 10 of the Hardest Courses in University of Illinois - 23 days ago