University of Maryland7999 Regents Dr, College Park, United States
- Student life
- Student services
- After graduation
- Notable Locations
- Libraries and Study Areas
- Residences on campus
- Campus Clubs & Associations
- School Reviews
About University of Maryland
University of Maryland is a public research university which was founded in 1856. With a 28,400 total undergraduate enrollment, and a 1,335 acres sized campus, the university has a suburban setting. Its academic calendar is semester-based. University of Maryland-College Park ranks at 61 in the most recent Best College is National Universities edition, an indicator of excellence.
Asides from class activities, there are over 800 organizations and clubs on campus, as well as about 30 sororities and fraternities which involve about 15% of the student population. The average rate of freshman retention is 95%, which is an indicator of student satisfaction.
Students of Maryland University are quite active in sports. The Maryland Terrapins are active competitors in the NCAA Division 1 Big Ten Conference. The University of Maryland is also the state's flagship institution. The school aims to spark students' passions and inspire their ideas while bringing them into a life-changing discovery process through entrepreneurship and innovation.
University of Maryland has a high rank for their Business School, School of Engineering, and education graduate program. The University of Maryland regularly gets accolades for its clean and sustainable energy initiatives, including its efforts to compost waste from dining halls and its plans to become carbon neutral over the next three decades.
- Biological Sciences Program1,277 Documents
- Mathematics1,102 Documents
- Business and Management923 Documents
- Psychology890 Documents
- Chemistry and Biochemistry810 Documents
- ECON 200 - Principles of MicroeconomicsEconomics
- MATH 141 - Calculus IIMathematics
- CHEM 231 - Organic Chemistry IChemistry and Biochemistry
- BSCI 105 - Principles of Biology IBiological Sciences Program
- CHEM 131 - Chemistry I - Fundamentals of General ChemistryChemistry and Biochemistry
- Health and Wellness Services at the University of Maryland - 4 days ago
- University of Maryland (UMD) Fall 2018 Final Exam Schedule - 18 days ago
- Top 5 Dorms/Residences at UMD - 125 days ago
- 5 Buildings You Need to Know at the UMD - 130 days ago
- 10 of the Best Professors at the UMD - 137 days ago