U of M
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor500 S State St, Ann Arbor, United States
- Student life
- Student services
- After graduation
- Notable Locations
- Libraries and Study Areas
- Residences on campus
- Campus Clubs & Associations
- School Reviews
About University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
University of Michigan ' Ann Arbor also known as Michigan, is a public research institution which was founded in 1817. Having a total enrollment of 29,000 undergraduates, and the largest alumni base of almost 600,000, the university has a city setting, with its campus size as large as 3,207 acres. Its academic calendar is trimester-based.
The University of Michigan has a remarkable history of outstanding athletics, a loyal fan base, and academics. Students of Michigan can choose from over 275 areas of study across nineteen colleges and schools. The large school is known for its innovative and extensive research; the university's top-quality engineering is obvious through its Solar Car Team that has won 6 national championships consecutively and has reached five top-3 finishes in the world championship.
The varsity's sports teams known as The Michigan Wolverines have got a long history in the Big Ten Conference, having 36 overall NCAA title wins, including eleven in football. Outside of class activities, students can be involved in one of the university's more than 900 clubs and student organizations, which include fraternities and sororities.
The University of Michigan is committed to serving individuals at Michigan and the globe through preeminence in preserving, communicating, creating and applying knowledge, academic values and art, and in developing citizens and leaders to enrich the future and challenge the present.
- Psychology2,221 Documents
- Biology1,028 Documents
- Economics853 Documents
- Chemistry821 Documents
- Mathematics678 Documents
- PSYCH 111 - Introduction to PsychologyPsychology
- ANTHRCUL 101 - Introduction to AnthropologyAnthropology, Cultural
- SOC 100 - Introduction to SociologySociology
- ECON 101 - Principles of Economics IEconomics
- BIOLOGY 172 - Introductory Biology - Molecular, Cellular, and DevelopmentalBiology
- Jobs and Opportunities for Students at University of Michigan – Ann Arbor - 1 days ago
- Health and Wellness Services at University of Michigan-Ann Arbor - 15 days ago
- University of Michigan (U of M) Fall 2018 Final Exam Schedule - 27 days ago
- 10 of the Hardest Classes at the UM Ann Arbor - 27 days ago
- Top 10 Majors at UM Ann Arbor - 36 days ago