University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill153A Country Club Road, Chapel Hill, United States
- Student life
- Student services
- After graduation
- Notable Locations
- Libraries and Study Areas
- Residences on campus
- Campus Clubs & Associations
- School Reviews
About University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill (UNC) is a public institution founded in 1789. It is in the more suburban setting of Chapel Hill, considered one of the best college towns in the country. The undergraduate enrollment is over 18,000, and is ranked 30 in the 2018 edition of U.S Best Colleges, for National Universities. Being a public institution, at least 82% of each freshman class at UNC must be from their own state of North Carolina, as required by state law.
UNC has multiple schools and colleges, the largest being the undergraduate College of Arts and Sciences. Highly ranked graduate programs include the Kenan-Flagler Business School, School of Education, School of Medicine, School of Law, Gillings School of Global Public Health, School of Social Work, School of Government, and Eshelman School of Pharmacy.
Sports are highly valued at this university, including a longtime basketball rivalry with neighboring institution, Duke University. Former players on UNC's team include Michael Jordan and Vince Carter. Greek life is also popular here, with over 3,00 students involved in fraternities or sororities.
University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill is ranked #30 in National Universities, and #5 in Top Public Schools, according to U.S News and World Report Best Colleges. The graduate business school, Kenan-Flagler Business School, is #7 in all business schools in the country, with many programs highly ranked.
- Psychology957 Documents
- History902 Documents
- Anthropology497 Documents
- Political Science479 Documents
- Business Administration472 Documents
- PSYC 101 - General PsychologyPsychology
- ECON 101 - Introduction to EconomicsEconomics
- HIST 151 - European History to 1650History
- POLI 100 - Introduction to Government in the United StatesPolitical Science
- BIOL 101 - Principles of BiologyBiology
- 10 Coolest Courses at UNC – Chapel Hill - 11 days ago
- Health and Wellness Services at UNC Chapel Hill - 12 days ago
- Top 10 Majors Offered at the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill - 32 days ago
- Top 10 Library Resources at the UNC Chapel Hill - 78 days ago
- Top 10 Residences at the UNC Chapel Hill - 85 days ago