University of Pittsburgh4200 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, United States
- Student life
- Student services
- After graduation
- Notable Locations
- Libraries and Study Areas
- Residences on campus
- Campus Clubs & Associations
- School Reviews
About University of Pittsburgh
University of Pittsburg is a public, research-focused, university home to over 19,000 undergraduate students. Founded in 1787 from a frontier cabin, it is among the oldest American institutions of higher learning. It is also one of the top public research universities in the nation. The university system comprises of 16 Pittsburg Campus schools and four regional programs. These house a total of 470 degree programs, a world-renowned medical center, and over 300 research-related facilities.
In terms of academics, the university is well known nationally for its school of Medicine, School of Education and Swanson School of Engineering. The student-faculty ratio is quite small, with 15 students per one faculty, and with 41 percent of its classes having fewer than 20 students. Freshman retention rate is also very high, at 92%. There are over 100 undergraduate-level degree programs offered, with more than 2,300 courses available to take per term.
The school specializes in experiential learning, with a Outside the Classroom curriculum, a collection of experiences, programs and events at UPitt. This increase professional growth and helps students develop highly desirable character traits and life skills.
Also beyond the classroom, the city of Pittsburg is home to well-loved sports teams like the Steelers and Penguins, and has many cultural sites to explore and learn from. Pittsburg students are known for their support for their school and local teams.
- Psychology393 Documents
- Biological Sciences377 Documents
- Economics259 Documents
- Chemistry238 Documents
- Mathematics177 Documents
- PSY 0010 - Introduction To PsychologyPsychology
- NROSCI 0081 - Drugs And BehaviorNeuroscience
- BIOSC 0150 - Foundations Of Biology 1Biological Sciences
- ECON 0110 - Introduction To Macroeconomic TheoryEconomics
- BIOSC 0160 - Foundations Of Biology 2Biological Sciences
- University of Pittsburgh Fall 2018 Final Exam Schedule - 17 days ago
- Top 10 Majors at the University of Pittsburgh - 22 days ago
- 10 University of Pittsburgh Library Resources You Need to Know - 66 days ago
- Top 10 Residences at University of Pittsburgh - 69 days ago
- 7 University of Pittsburgh Buildings You Need to Know - 90 days ago