Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University800 Washington St, Blacksburg, United States
- Student life
- Student services
- After graduation
- Notable Locations
- Libraries and Study Areas
- Residences on campus
- Campus Clubs & Associations
- School Reviews
About Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
This public, land-grant, research university is located in Blacksburg, Virginia. Once a military technical institute, Virginia Tech is now home to over 30,000 students. Encouraging students to 'invent the future', Virginia Tech is not just a university' it is a research hub that fosters incredible opportunity for their student's professional growth. It's not surprising that their engineering programs are consistently ranked within the Top 10 in the country. From civil and biological engineering, to aerospace and environmental engineering, Virginia Tech is an innovator's dream.
However, those who are not mathematically-inclined should not steer away! Virginia Tech offers nearly 280 undergraduate and graduate degree programs and manages a research portfolio of more than $500 million. From the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences to the College of Architecture and Urban Studies, there is a community for everyone here. There are also plenty of campus clubs to get involved in ' from an Aikido club to community service clubs and everything in between!
Virginia Tech has also been named one of the most wired colleges in the nation, for both its innovative use of technology in all classrooms and for providing free Internet and e-mail access to all students across campus.
- Biological Sciences 492 Documents
- Psychology 279 Documents
- Political Science 153 Documents
- Geography 183 Documents
- Engineering Science and Mechanics 167 Documents
- BIOL 1105 - Principles Of Biology Biological Sciences
- GEOG 1014 - World Regions Geography
- ECON 2005 - Principles Of Economics Economics
- BIOL 1106 - Principles of Biology Biological Sciences
- ESM 2304 - Dynamics Engineering Science and Mechanics